2015 NNPC/ESSO International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards / ESSO International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards
Since 1974, ExxonMobil upstream affiliates in Nigeria – Esso Exploration and production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) and Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN) have supported the education of thousands of Nigerian students through the Companies’ various scholarship schemes.
International and National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards
These programs are sponsored by Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) in production sharing contract with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), with Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCO) as co-venturer. The awards, which focus on Geosciences and Engineering disciplines are part of efforts at developing people for rewarding and productive careers in the petroleum industry. To qualify for the scheme: International Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in any reputable Foreign University for the international post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
National Post Graduate Scholarship Awards: The candidates must have a first degree (First Class or Second Class Upper Division in Geosciences or Engineering disciplines obtained from a Nigerian university, provisional admission for a Master’s degree program in any of the above stated disciplines in a recognized Nigerian University for the national post graduate award. The candidates must also be among the top performers in the selection tests and interviews conducted.
As at 2014, a total of 123 young Nigerians have been sponsored for international post graduate studies since 1994, while another 159 persons have gone through similar programs in Nigerian universities since 2007. Other schemes sponsored by this partnership include the NNPC/MPN Undergraduate Scholarship Awards . These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
Carefully read the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more details
In continuation of efforts to provide opportunities for developing careers in the petroleum industry, Esso Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited (EEPNL) is offering Scholarships to outstanding Nigerian graduates wishing to pursue post-graduate studies in the under listed disciplines:
To qualify, applicants MUST:
1. Must be a graduate from a Nigerian University
2. Must possess a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of second class upper division in any of the listed Engineering and Geosciences disciplines.
3. Must have provisional admission to undertake full-time postgraduate study at a reputable foreign University (MSc or MEng) in the 2015/2016 academic session.
4. Specialization in Geophysics would be an advantage.
The EEPNL scholarship award applies to tuition, books, accommodation and living expenses for the duration of the selected course of study.
Before you start this application
1. Ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph (with white background not more than 3 months old)
- Valid ID card
- Proof of provisional admission for Postgraduate Study into any reputable university
- First Degree Certificate
- Birth Certificate
- Current Curriculum Vitae
3. Ensure you attach the right documents in the appropriate upload section.
To apply, Follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in application matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information at http://scholastica.ng/schemes/nnpceepnl or return to the home page www.scholastica.ng and select the 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards to be redirected to the application page]
12. You will receive an email that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your referee to sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
o Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
o Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
o Login with Email and Password to complete the form
o After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
o Visit any of the capture centers https://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
o You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/ and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion NOTE:
- Multiple applications shall lead to disqualification
- You must apply before you begin verification of your application details.
1. How do I apply for the 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards?
Graduates from Nigerian university studying any of the courses listed on the Requirement/Eligibility page.
3. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? Read through any of the courses listed in the Requirement/Eligibility page to confirm eligibility.
4. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into a reputable foreign university for the foreign category and Nigerian university for the National category.
5. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
6. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
7. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the screening process.
8. How do I create my profile and apply?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click 2015 NNPC/ESSO Postgraduate Scholarship Awards to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
9. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
10. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to the steps in No.9 on how to do this.
11. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
12. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
13. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files can be PDF, DOC, DOCX.
14. I cannot find my course of study/University in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not on the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale (if applicable), Name of institution, Location of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added.
15. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by email@example.com You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
16. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes at the stipulated deadline.
17. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
18. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
19. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is 9th June, 2015. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
20. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and provide all the required documentation
21. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
22. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
For further enquiries call: 07088609791, 07011962033 (Call lines are open from 9am to 5pm Mondays to Fridays)
Follow us on Twitter: @scholastica_Ng
Like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Scholastica-Nigeria/247300338737765