LAGOS STATE POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP / 2018 Lagos State Postgraduate Scholarship Award Scheme
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
Lagos State Scholarship Board
The Lagos State Scholarship Board is the agency in charge of scholarship, bursary and other related matters within the state.
It grants Scholarship awards to deserving indigenes in various tertiary institutions for full time studies in order to assist these students financially.
Before Applying Please Read
Applicant must be a Lagos State Indigene studying in any tertiary institutions across the country
All applicants are required to make a Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.
Then take the payment confirmation receipt to the Lagos State Scholarship Board to secure their secret voucher pins for online application. Application will not be processed without evidence of consolidated payment confirmation slip.
Ensure you correctly fill in the application form and click on "Apply Now" button to complete your application.
Applications will be done through this portal only, hard copy applications will not be processed.
Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that valid GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the portal.
Carefully read the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more details
PROCESS FOR ELIGIBILITY FOR LOCAL POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP AWARD
THIS SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME IS FOR LAGOS STATE INDIGENES ONLY STUDYING IN ANY TERTIARY INSTITUTION ACROSS THE COUNTRY.
1. All applicants must have gained full time admission into an accredited Nigerian tertiary Institution for postgraduate studies (Masters or Doctorate).
2. All Post-graduate applicants (Only applicable to Masters Degree applicants):
i. Where CGPA scale is 7.0 (e.g University of Ibadan) he /she must have graduated with a minimum of 4.9/7.0 at undergraduate level
ii. Where CGPA scale is 5.0 (e.g University of Lagos) he /she must have graduated a minimum of 3.5/5.0 at undergraduate level
3. All applicants must be in their first year or above (admitted on or before 2016/2017 academic session)
4. All applicants must have completed LASRRA Registration
5. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective Oba
6. All applicants must have a signed letter of identification from their respective local government
7. All applicants must purchase a Scholarship application form. (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through the Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board.
8. All applicants must upload clear scanned copies of all documents to ascertain the genuineness of their claims. Documents like:
i. Admission Letter
ii. Valid ID Card
iii. Letter of identification from Oba
iv. Letter of identification from Local Government
v. SSCE result
vi. Lagos State Resident Registration Agency(LASSRA) registration card
vii. Passport Photograph (clear background not older than three months).
viii. Certificate or Result statement from school stating graduating results clearly
ix. NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate
x. Masters Degree Certificate (PHD applicants only)
ix. Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation Slip.
9. Shortlisted applicant must participate in a Computer Based Test to be conducted by Dragnet Solutions Limited in conjunction with Lagos State Scholarship Board.
10. Successful applicants will be contacted for oral interview
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have purchased a Scholarship application form (Payment of N2,000.00 for Local Scholarship) through the Revenue Office of the Lagos State Scholarship Board then secure your Voucher pin from the Scholarship Board office. Thereafter, have clear scanned copies of the following documents:
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- Treasury receipt of N2,000 for the scholarship form
- Admission Letter
- Valid Identity Card
- SSCE certificate
- Letter of identification from Oba
- Letter of identification from Local Government
- LASSRA Registration card
- Certificate or Result statement from school stating graduating results clearly
- Evidence of Consolidated Payment Confirmation
3. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
4. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/lssbpostgraduate to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, additional information, educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information and provide the secret voucher pin and LASSRA Number in the appropriate column
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
To secure your voucher pin proceed to the Lagos Scholarship Board office, 254 Ipaja road, Agege, Lagos and show them your payment receipt.
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
do I apply for the Lagos State scholarship Award?
If you meet the requirements for a specific scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. I am a Lagosian, but I reside and study in an accredited Nigerian institution outside Lagos State. Am I qualified to apply?
Yes. Application is open to Lagos State indigenes irrespective of institution location.
3. Does Lagos State Scholarship Board charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
Yes, LSSB does charge processing fee of N2000 for applications.
4. Can I send an open application?
5. Are scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic performance and make presentation of progress report as evidence that they have moved to the next stage of their programme..
6. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted, ONLY if you are selected for an aptitude test.
7. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Shortlisted candidates will then be invited to attend an aptitude test. Applicants not shortlisted for the test will be notified accordingly.
8. How do I create my profile?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click LSSB Scholarship to open scholarship page. Then click apply in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
9. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors in your application please send an email to email@example.com stating your correction and account details. The field will be corrected with new information and a mail sent to you to confirm that the correction has been effected
10. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 9 on how to do this.
11. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
12. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
13. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format must be in JPEG.
14. I cannot find my university or course of study in the dropdown list online. What do I do?
If your university is not on the list, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your Institution, location of Institution, course of study and institution’s CGPA Scale. You will be notified via email once the necessary fields have been corrected or confirmed
15. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by email@example.com. You can visit your profile under "My Applications" to view the status of your application.
16. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes after the stipulated deadline.
17. I applied on paper. Can I monitor my status online?
18. Who is eligible for the Lagos State Tertiary Scholarship Awards ?
Lagos state indegenes, who are students in Tertiary institutions in Nigeria and meet the eligibility criteria as outlined on the eligibility page.
19. Do I need to be accepted into a particular tertiary institution in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of an accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria.
20. Does my major have to be in engineering or related sciences’ to apply for the scholarship?
No. The scholarship scheme’s eligibility criterion clearly states that it is open to all students undergoing tertiary programmes in Nigerian tertiary institutions(University, Polytechnic & College of Education).
21. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
22. When is the scholarship application due?
Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
23. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award type / category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and provide all the required documentation.
24. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested. Basically, applications from all candidates must be accompanied by:
• Clear scanned copies of their University Matriculation Examination (UTME) scores;
• JAMB or University/Polytechnic/College of Education Admission Letter; • School Identity card;
• O/Level Result;
• A/level Result (for students admitted through direct entry);
• A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (at least four months old);
• Lagos State Resident Registration Agency (LASSRA) registration card
Visit http://lagosresidents.gov.ng to register and learn more about the Lagos State resident Registration Agency
• Letter of identification from Oba
• Letter of identification from local government
• Evidence of Consolidated Payment confirmation slip
25. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
26. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or community?