Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company Scholarship Awards / 2014 SNEPCo National Merit University Award Scheme
This scholarship application period has ended. You can no longer apply.
THE SHELL NIGERIA EXPLORATION PRODUCTION COMPANY (SNEPCo) NATIONAL MERIT UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME
SNEPCo on behalf of itself and its co-venturers is launching the SNEPCo National Merit University Scholarship Scheme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying any of the under listed courses in Universities within Nigeria.
Eligible Applicants must: ·
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O' Level result and A' Levels/OND/NCE Results as applicable
- JAMB Result
- Letter of Identification from State (Showing Local Government of Origin)
2. Ensure the documents are named according to what they represent to avoid mixing up documents during upload
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
- To apply, follow the steps below:
- 1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
- 16. Return to www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
- Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
scholarships awarded for one year or are they guaranteed for all study years?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
2. Does SNEPCo charge a processing fee for scholarship applications?
No. SNEPCo does not charge any fee for processing applications. There are no fees at any stage of the scholarship award cycle.
3. WHO CAN APPLY Who is eligible for SNEPCo national merit university scholarships?
Undergraduates in universities in Nigeria
4. Can I apply if I am going to a vocational school?
5. Do I have to be a Nigerian Citizen to benefit from the scholarship scheme?
Yes, you must be a Nigerian citizen. Permanent Residents are not eligible for the Scholarship Award.
6. Do I need to be accepted into a particular university in Nigeria, before I apply for the scholarships?
You should be a student of a recognised university in Nigeria, as listed with the National Universities’ Commission (NUC).
7. Which university may I go to, to qualify for a scholarship?
You may attend any university in Nigeria - Federal, State or Private - recognized by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
8. Can I apply if I attend a degree awarding institution that is not a University?
In order to qualify for the program, you must be a student of a UNIVERSITY that is recognised and approved by the National University Commission (NUC).
9. I am a resident of the United Kingdom. Can I apply for the scholarship?
Yes, you can apply, only if you are a Nigerian that has gained admission into, and is attending a university in Nigeria.
10. I am neither a Nigerian citizen, nor do I reside in Nigeria. Can I still apply for the Shell University Scholarship?
No, the scholarship is available only to Nigerian citizens, attending universities in Nigeria.
11. If a student is in a remedial year (that is year 0 of the university programme) can he / she benefit from the University Scholarship Scheme?
12. Must I be between a certain age group to qualify for the scholarship?
No. I have applied before; can I apply again this year? No.
13. HOW TO APPLY / COMPLETING THE APPLICATION When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is as stated in the advert for the specified academic session. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline.
14. How do I apply? You must use the format advertised and provide all the required documentation. The application format and conditions are available on www.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
15. What do I need to submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the details of each scholarship award category carefully and provide the documentation requested.
16. Can I fax or email the application or supporting documents to SNEPCo?
No. Faxed or email applications and supporting documents will not be accepted.
17. In applying for the scholarship, can I include references?
No. References will not be considered or reviewed as part of your application.
18. While applying, can I include additional information on education, extracurricular activities, and employment?
Yes, as long as it includes and is restricted to the requested information.
19. Can I apply through an agent or a SNEPCo representative in my university or community?
No. For avoidance of doubt, SNEPCo has not authorised any person or organisation to act on its behalf with regards to the SNEPCo National Merit University scholarship programme. Prospective candidates are advised on the medium for submission of applications in the advertisements. We process these applications and the outcome is communicated directly to the candidates. Applicants are advised to protect their application details carefully; ensure they log out from their account before shutting down the computer system; and delete their personal details from public computers)
TERMS OF AWARD & ACCEPTANCE
1. How do I remain eligible for the Award?
To remain eligible you must: be a full-time student making satisfactory progress in your degree program; maintain an average minimum of 3.5 CGPA, and meet the campus' student conduct standards. Note that, the award will be forfeited if it is discovered that you have violated the terms of the award.
2. Can I defer my scholarship?
3. I need to withdraw from a course, but I will still be a full-time student. Will this affect my Scholarship?
If you withdraw from a course, and change to another of the same duration, it will not affect the scholarship. If the withdrawal means a longer session in school, then the scholarship will be affected. Be sure to write to the Scholarship Coordinator, about the development.
4. What happens if I get a scholarship, but do not continue with a university course thereafter?
Where you do not meet the academic requirements for your course, or you are no longer a registered student of the university, or you decide not to take up the offer, any agreement related to the scholarship award will become null and void.
5. What happens if I have to interrupt my studies, or repeat a year? Will I still get my scholarship?
As a general rule, continuation of the scholarship depends on making satisfactory academic progress. Each student's case will however be considered carefully, looking at each individual's circumstance.
6. When does the scholarship award expire?
The scholarship award expires upon completion of the course for which the award was made.
7. I am doing a programme of study, which is longer than the usual three years. Will I get a scholarship for each year of my programme?
Yes. Scholarship will be paid for every year of your programme, irrespective of the duration, as long as you do not repeat any year.
8. Is my financial aid going to change from year to year?
SNEPCo is committed to offering a consistent aid package throughout the undergraduate years. However failure to operate in an enabling environment, may affect a beneficiary’s scholarship package.
9. Is the scholarship renewable after the first year?
Yes, the scholarship is awarded for the full duration of undergraduate study. The applicant’s mode of admission vis-à-vis the course duration is taken into consideration, in arriving at the number of academic years for the award.
10. Is there a grade point average that has to be maintained to retain the scholarship?
Yes. A GPA of 3.5minimum must be maintained to retain the scholarship; you are also required to maintain a satisfactory academic progress. If you are dismissed from the University for academic reasons, you will no longer be eligible for the scholarship.
11. My programme involves a year away from the University. Will I still get my scholarship for this year as well?
Yes, once this is confirmed, and it does not extend outside the normal duration of the programme.
12. What criterion is used in the selection of candidates? Various aspects of a candidate’s application are taken in consideration. This includes his or her academic accomplishment, aptitude test scores, as well as verification of the applicant’s admission status and other personal details.
13. Can I be a part-time student and receive the scholarship?
No. Scholarships are offered to students on full-time studies only.
14. Can I be re-awarded my scholarship if I lose it for any reason?
15. Can I use the scholarship award at any Nigerian university?
Yes, you may transfer between any campus of a university while on the scheme, as long as you maintain academic eligibility.
16. Can I apply for a scholarship if I already receive financial support or scholarship from another organisation?
Yes. However, SNEPCo should be notified if a student is a beneficiary of a scholarship in the oil and gas industry. Failure to disclose such information may lead to withdrawal of the scholarship offer.
For enquiries and complaints:
Contact Email: email@example.com
For Technical Assistance:
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 07088609791, 07011962033