2015 / 2016 NNPC/CHEVRON JV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
CHEVRON NIGERIA LIMITED
R. C. 6135
Operator of the NNPC\CHEVRON Joint Venture
2015/2016 NNPC/CHEVRON JV NATIONAL UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
Chevron Nigeria Limited, in collaboration with its Joint Venture partner, the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), is offering a number of University Scholarship Awards to suitably qualified Nigerian students.
Carefully read the Requirement/Eligibility, How To Apply and Frequently Asked Questions pages for more details
E-applications are invited
from full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) degree students of the
under-listed courses, in Nigerian Universities:
2. Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Science
4. Business Administration/Economics
5. Chemical Engineering
6. Civil Engineering
7. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/System Engineering
8. Electrical/Electronic Engineering
9. Environmental Studies/Surveying
12. Mass Communication/Journalism
13. Mechanical/Metallurgical & Materials Engineering
14. Human Medicine/Dentistry/Pharmacy
15. Petroleum Engineering
16. Mining Engineering
Please note that we will accept applications through this web site address only. Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed. All interested students are advised to click on “How to Apply” tab to proceed.
In line with our e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide. Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages. All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
QUALIFICATION PROCESS: Interested applicants should click on the "How To Apply" tab to proceed.
Deadline: Closing date for receipt of e-applications is strictly June 16, 2015.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
APPLICANTS ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER VALID PERSONAL BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS.
MULTIPLE APPLICATION LEADS TO AUTOMATIC DISQUALIFICATION.
Application is open to full-time SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) candidates only.
1. Before you start this application, ensure you have clear scanned copies of the following documents
- Passport photograph with white background not more than 3 months old (450px by 450px not more than 200kb)
- School ID card
- Admission letter
- Birth certificate
- O' Level result
- JAMB Result
3. Ensure you attach the appropriate documents when asked to upload
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on "Apply Now" tab.
2. Click on "Register Now" to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on http://scholastica.ng/schemes/cnlawards to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to eliminate errors during uploading.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a pass-port photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click "Apply Now" to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a sms that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to www.scholastica.ng, enter your Email and Password to download your profile and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click "Create Account" and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and finger print capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres http://www.nimc.gov.ng/?q=nin-registration-centres to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board
do I apply for the NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship?
If you meet the requirements for the scholarship award, please complete the application form accessible from online application link inside the scholarship advert.
2. Who is eligible for the NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship?
Full time 200 level students in Nigerian tertiary Institutions studying any of the courses listed on the Requirement/Eligibility page.
3. I am a current scholarship beneficiary from an International Oil and Gas Company, do I still need to apply? No. Current beneficiaries of International Oil and Gas scholarship schemes are expected to benefit from only one scholarship scheme. Hence, are not be eligible to apply to this scheme.
4. What do I major in to apply for the scholarship? Read through the courses listed in the Requirement/Eligibility page to confirm eligibility.
5. Do I need to be accepted into a particular institution, before I apply for the scholarships?
Applicants must have gained full-time admission into a recognized Nigerian tertiary institution.
6. Can I send an open application?
No. Application is strictly done through the application portal.
7. Will you confirm receipt of my application?
Once you submit your online application form you will be sent an automated email acknowledging receipt of your application. You will subsequently be contacted if you make the Aptitude test shortlisted, if not you will be notified at the end of campaign.
8. What happens to my online application?
Applications are stored in a database; after the closing date they are evaluated and a shortlist is compiled of qualified applicants. Applicants who did not qualify for the scholarship will be notified at the end of the scholarship campaign.
9. How do I create my profile and apply?
Visit www.scholastica.ng and click on Register to create an account, activate your account via your email and return to www.scholastica.ng to complete your user profile. Ensure you click NNPC/CHEVRON JV National University Scholarship 2015 to open scholarship page. Then click “Apply” in the top right hand corner of your screen to apply.
10. Can I change my profile details?
Yes, you can. You are responsible for the correctness of the details provided. To correct errors after submission of your application, kindly log on to your scholastica profile, click on “My Account”, a dropdown appears, then click on “My Messages”. You will be directed to a page where you can directly send a message to the scholarship administrator stating your corrections. The corrections will be effected and a mail sent to you to confirming it.
11. Can I change the course (programme) or institution in my application and can I add information to my application after submitting?
You cannot make any changes or additions to your application once submitted, and the deadline has passed. Applications that are not complete when submitted will be cancelled and will not be considered. However, if the application deadline has not passed, you can edit / make changes to your application online. Refer to question 10 on how to do this.
12. When my details have been corrected after I applied, is this correction effected in my application or do I have to re-apply? No you don't have to re-apply, corrections effected before application deadline will be used during short-listing.
13. Where can I upload my passport photograph and other required documents?
During the creation of your profile, click on the tab “Passport Photograph” and upload your passport in JPEG format, not larger than 200KB in size. To upload other documents, click on the tab “Documents” select appropriate document from the drop down list and upload.
14. What is the maximum size and image format of passport photograph and other required documents?
Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files can be PDF, DOC, DOCX.
15. I cannot find my course of study in my institution's course drop-down list online. What do I do?
If your course of study is not in your institution's course list in the online application form, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the name of your course of study, Faculty, CGPA Scale and name of institution. You will be notified in less than 24 hours via email once it has been added.
16. How do I know my application has been received?
When you submit your application online, you automatically receive confirmation of receipt by email. Please note that your email provider may see this confirmation email as spam, so check if your junk or spam folder contains an email sent by email@example.com You can also visit your profile to view the status of your application.
17. I am unable to submit my application before the deadline. Can I submit it after the deadline?
No. E-Application closes at the stipulated deadline.
18. Do I need to pay to facilitate the application?
You are strongly advised not to patronize anyone by cash or kind. This award is strictly based on merit and meeting the award criteria. Note: Please ensure you understand the Instructions carefully before you start this application to avoid errors and disqualification.
19. Must I be of a certain age to qualify for the scholarship?
20. When is the scholarship application due?
The application deadline is strictly 16th June, 2015. Students are encouraged to submit their applications well in advance of the deadline
21. How do I apply?
Once you have identified the scholarship award category that apply to you, ensure that you read and follow the eligibility and application requirements for each scholarship. You must use the format advertised, and provide all the required documentation
22. What must I submit with my application, to ensure it is a complete application?
You must read the scholarship award information carefully and provide the documentation requested in the Eligibility requirements section.
23. Can I fax or email the application or its components to the Scholarship Team?
No. Faxed or email applications or components will not be accepted.
24. Can I apply through the Representative in my university or hometown?
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone number: 07088609791, 07011962033
For enquiries and complaints log on to www.scholastica.ng